As the Brotherhood grows, it will develop offices that facilitate its life.
At first, most responsibilities are shared, as there will be just a few people. By the time there are twelve men in the Brotherhood, the Monastery will run as follows:
The Monastery will have a complete structure of officers, the Abbot and/or Archimandrite; the Prior, the Blagochiniy; and the Economos, who are the Governing Council.
- Abbot (or Elder, in Greek usage), responsible for overseeing the whole operation and is the spiritual father, in this case Metropolitan Jonah.
- Kellenik, a subdeacon, who assists the Abbot as driver and secretary
- Blagochiniy, who oversees the details of the day to day operation, assigning obediences or jobs.
- Cellarer, who assists the Blogochiniy, and makes sure that all brothers and industries have what they need.
- Economos, who runs the finances, pays the bills and keeps track of the money, together with a bookkeeper.
Two other critical roles:
- Ecclesiarch, who is the choir director and puts the services together and is a Reader; as well as a
- Sacristan, who keeps the church and vestments in order, cleans the church, and so forth, and is a Subdeacon.
Various monks would be in charge of the woodshop, the candlemaking, building maintenance, the giftshop, publishing, and other industries the Brotherhood may develop,
There is also a Monastery Council, consisting of all the tonsured monks, and is consulted on major issues. The Senior Council is the Abbot, Prior, Blagochiniy and Economos, which consult daily on issues. The Abbot makes the final decisions with the consensus of the Senior Council. The Abbot appoints these offices.